Forum » Montana Forums » Epic Outdoors » Branham Lakes

Branham Lakes

• Member since Aug 17 6
    Yes Anna! I think SUV would be best, but not a must.  And I think that's why we loved  it :) It was labor day weekend and so we weren't fighting crowds like I think a lot of other places were.
      September 18, 2017 3:37 PM MDT
  • Member since Aug 17 33
    They have a great campground up there too! Doesn't get too busy in the summer since everyone cant access it.  Love the Ruby Valley!
      September 18, 2017 3:25 PM MDT
  • Member since Jul 17 18
    I don't think you need 4WD but I would say the higher the ground clearance the better! We saw some smaller cars up there so it's doable but personally I wouldn't try it with anything less than an SUV. Hope that helps! 
      September 18, 2017 2:29 PM MDT
  • Member since Aug 17 33
    I've never been to Fairy lake either.  Like 4wd or would I be fine in a civic?
      September 14, 2017 4:16 PM MDT
  • Member since Aug 17 6
    So we also have been up to Fairy Lake and I thought the two roads were pretty comparable. The road to Branham Lakes may have bigger dips to it, but Fairy Lake seemed to be rougher a lot longer.  Basically if you can handle the drive to Fairy Lake you should be fine for Branham!
      September 14, 2017 9:52 AM MDT
  • Member since Aug 17 33
    What was the road like to get up there?  I've heard it's pretty bad.  Also, any hiking up there?
      September 13, 2017 4:47 PM MDT
  • Member since Aug 17 6
    We totally planned on getting to Cliff and Wade lakes on Labor Day weekend, but fortunately our Google maps decided otherwise.  Rather than the aquamarine lakes we found ourselves standing in front of possibly the prettiest part of Montana.  And luckily for us not many know of this remote spot!

Just East of Sheridan, MT and over some fairly rough terrian we found this gem of a lake.  And can't wait to get back to it!

September 13, 2017 4:13 PM MDT